In addition to staff, the Carbondale Park District is always looking for interns, fieldworkers, and dependable volunteers. We also work with individuals needing to complete community service hours.
Now Hiring: Grounds Keeper
Carbondale Park District is accepting applications for the position of grounds keeper. Work includes mowing, trimming, watering, trash pick-up and general maintenance. Applications are also available at the administrative office (618) 529-4147.
Submit completed applications and resume to: K. Renfro, Carbondale Park District, PO Box 1326 Carbondale, IL 62903-1326, or by email at email@example.com
Carbondale Park District is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applications will be accepted through April 10, 2020.
Applicants should send resume, job application and 2 letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Carbondale, Illinois 62903-1326
- NATURE OF THE WORK
The Cook will be responsible for meal and snack preparation for children at the childcare centers. The major duties include preparing and serving menu items according to acceptable standards, use of proper food preparation and handling techniques. Must also have a clear understanding of Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), Department of Children and Family Services ( DCFS) and Health Department food handling rules and regulations.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills Insafe food handling and preparation
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in nutrition
- Ability to prepare weekly menus, shopping lists and purchase items
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of workspace, cooking equipment, and dishes
- Prepare and serve meals and snacks
- Work jointly and constructively with administration and teaching staff.
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inventory and maintain kitchen equipment
- Participate in classroom cooking activities as assigned.
- Maintain safe food storage area
- Inventory kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a daily checklist for cleaning
- Coordinate with other Park District staff to carry out assignments
- Assume additional duties as assigned
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires training of local health department laws and Ability to obtain an Illinois Food Handler Permit. Food Manager Certification, preferred.
- Ability to pass a background Check
- Ability to provide a current physical with proof of immunizations required by DCFS.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Valid Driver’s License
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of food preparation
- Food Manager Certification